Sunday, April 29, 2012

A bit more sketchy fun...

Everyone knows that I love a good sketch. Some sketches grab my attention right away and others I look at as a challenge. I looked at the one below as a challenge. It looks so simple, right? That is where I have a problem. I have a hard time with simple. I like lots of 'stuff'. The sketch below is last weeks 'Sunday Sketch' from the Studio Calico blog:
Here is what I came up with. I love this pic that Steve took of Bryant. Steve won some Red Sox tickets and took B, not me. That's okay though. They tried their hardest to get noticed by our local tv announcers to let me know that they were thinking about me. Love that!
Though Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook Four class ended this week. I have a few in process and I still have few more to work with. Very inspired! This layout is a couple of pics I took last summer of B and his cousin Ben. They look and act more like brothers, rather than cousins. They really are the coolest-ha! I found the perfect papers called 'A Boys Life' by EP. The colors and designs were perfect, cause you know that I am all about the matchy, matchy.

More projects to share soon!

Happy Scrappin'!!!

2 comments:

julie said...

dawn, both of your pages are awesome!! i especially love all of the pp squares on the second one and the photos of the boys are priceless. they are definitely too cool for school! ;)
p.s. thanks so much for stopping by my blog. your comment was so wonderful!!

mommy2alex said...

Cool sketch! Love your take on it. Your blog header ROCKS!!